Pitch your idea to The Scootyman:
We're always on the hunt for new content and concepts. If you've got an idea for a hit show or an interesting topic that you'd like to submit, we'd love to hear about it. Please start by reading and agreeing to the following terms. You'll be given the opportunity to send us a copy of your pitch in the next steps.
Please be advised that we receive many such proposals and generate many ideas for television shows and ideas for other media outlets internally. Because many proposals might cover similar territory or in some cases appear almost identical in content or format, we must ask you to read and agree to the terms of this agreement before you pitch your proposal to us.
By accepting the terms and submitting this form, you acknowledge and agree that:
1. You are at least 18 years of age.
2. You are submitting an original idea that you wholly own.
3. Scootyman Productions and or its’ affiliates has received and will in the future receive numerous proposals from third parties.
4. Scootyman Productions and or its’ affiliates will develop proposals using its own in-house staff and at its’ discretion may offer to contract with your organization to participate in said proposal.
5. Scootyman Productions and or its’ affiliates may already have been working on, prior to its receipt of your submission, another concept(s) similar to yours.
6. You agree that you will not be entitled to any compensation if Scootyman Productions and or its’ affiliates exploits an idea similar or identical to your submission that it has either developed internally or acquired from another third party. You also agree that Scootyman Productions and or it’s’ affiliates might develop or acquire a similar idea to yours in the future, and in that case you will not be entitled to compensation.
7. With respect to your submission, Scootyman Productions and its’ affiliates are not obligated to exploit your idea. If Scootyman Productions and or its’ affiliates wishes to exploit your idea, we must first enter into a formal, binding, written contract governing Scootyman Productions and or its’ affiliates exploitation of the submission and the compensation to be payable to you as a result of such exploitation.
8. You understand that materials sent to Scootyman Productions and or its’ affiliates will not be returned, and you agree to retain at least one copy of said material, and you release Scootyman Productions and or its’ affiliates from any liability of loss of, or damage to, the copies of the material submitted by you hereunder.
9. Any dispute which may arise between you and Scootyman Productions and or its’ affiliates shall be settled via binding arbitration before a mutually selected arbitrator in Virginia. The prevailing party in any such arbitration shall be entitled to recover, in addition to any award, reasonable attorneys' fees in connection therewith.
I have read and agree to the terms and conditions and agree.